Sunday, August 28, 2011

You're decorating with what??!?

So I owe you a blog post. One that will answer at least a question or two. One of the main reasons I started this blog was to have an outlet to share this process with everyone. So, here it goes. The biggest question I get is "what are your colors"? Well.... have a seat! I've thought long and hard about this. And looked at countless pictures and magazines. I think we're going with the jewel tones. Deep teal, amethyst purple, emerald green, etc. And just when you thought I was going to be normal, I swoop in and tell you that I'm also incorporating peacock feathers in the most unexpected places. Obviously, nothing is carved in stone and I still have plenty of time... but it would be hard to pry me away from the peacock feathers. I love them. LOVE. Not only are they absolutely stunning, but my research on them has surfaced some really cool symbolism. Peacocks are symbols for so many things, but I do have some favorites. They stand for beauty, nobility, and protection among other things. But one of the things that I found and didn't know before is that peacock feathers have deep Christian symbolism as well. Did you know that they stand for spirituality, incorruptibility, and renewal? You do now! So for your viewing pleasure, I give you this rockin' collage that I put together from some of my favorite pictures I've found on the good ol' net. My first inspiration board!

No comments:

Post a Comment